In this eleven 50-min. sessions James Bible Study DVD series Jeff Cavins provides comprehensive teaching and commentary on the Epistle of James. Each 50-55 minute talk is designed to follow a lesson in the James Study Set.
About James: Pearls for Wise Living:
The Epistle of James is one of the most practical books of the Bible. Like the book of Proverbs, it is a book of wisdom, a collection of teachings on issues faced by ordinary Christians in everyday life.
These teachings speak loudly to all those who feel torn between the competing demands of this world and their faith. This study offers "pearls for wise living" by applying the wisdom of James to the present day. For anyone who has struggled to live a truly Christian life, James offers a wealth of practical solutions for handling and even sanctifying everyday circumstances.
Your Bible study group will:
• Find an anchor to hold you steady through the storms of life.
• Learn how just a few small words can change your entire life for better or for worse.
• See how God's wisdom helps us face suffering and temptation.
• Learn the secret to finding joy in the midst of trials.
• Find value in suffering.
• Find reason to trust in God's providence over wealth or position or personal talent.
• Learn to recognize the source of discord and the way to peace.