From the author of Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters
, this celebration of the unique gifts of boys helps parents restore boyhood's magic and raise healthy, strong, and happy sons.
Boyhood used to be a time of freedom and fun of catching bullfrogs, playing tackle football, and roaming the woods but not anymore. Today boys face an increasingly hostile world. Using practical advice and examples from her own medical practice, Dr. Meg Meeker shares these secrets to raising happy, healthy young men:
• Learn how to encourage your son don't baby or spoil him, but don't be too harsh, either. Strike the right balance.
• Recognize that boys were made for the outdoors.
• Remember that boys need rule if you don't set them, they'll feel lost.
• Virtue is not just for girls integrity and self-control are necessities.
• Learn how to teach your son about the big questions in life and your personal values.
• Always remember that the most important person in your son's life is you not his friends.
Meeker reminds moms and dads that there is no greater blessing and no greater responsibility than raising young men. In Boys Should Be Boys
, she shows them how.