Pre-Order Now. Available February 2015
“Some people want to know why I wished to be called Francis. For me, Francis of Assisi is the man of poverty, the man of peace, the man who loves and protects creation.” — Pope Francis, March 16, 2013.
Published in cooperation with the Vatican, this original collection brings the life and legacy of Saint Francis of Assisi to life through the pope’s uplifting and challenging words. By taking the name of one of the most venerated figures in Christendom, Pope Francis set a high bar for his papacy. Saint Francis renounced wealth and honor in order to proclaim the Gospel message to a lost generation. His exuberant love for God and radical example of Christian life awakened hope in countless followers and renewed the Church. Pope Francis often speaks and writes about Franciscan ideals such as simplicity, humility, forgiveness, joy, compassion, peacemaking, and care for creation. His inspirational homilies, addresses, and writings on these and other Franciscan themes are collected in this book for the first time, giving you a fast and easy way to renew your faith.
About the Author
Pope Francis, formerly Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, S.J., served the Jesuits as novice master, lecturer, provincial, confessor, and spiritual director before Pope John Paul II named him Archbishop of Buenos Aires. He was elected to the papacy on March 13, 2013. He is the first pope from the Americas and the first pope to choose the name Francis, in honor of St. Francis of Assisi.
• Contains reflections drawn from Pope Francis’s own words
• Features quotes from Francis’s homilies, Twitter account, letters, encyclicals, and other writings
• Collects the pope’s thoughts on Franciscan themes all in one place
• Gives you a fast and easy way to get up to date on the pope's writings
• Helps you understand how St. Francis and Pope Francis are shaping the Church
• Short reflections let you learn—-or share—something new about your faith every day
Copyright © 2020 Sunrise Marian Distribution.