Pre-Order Now. Available April 24, 2015
Scapulars, candles, holy water, rosaries, relics, medals—these sacramentals are a profound grace to many, but still a mystery to some. In Amazing Graces, author Julie Dortch Cragon takes a look at the most popular sacramentals, explaining what a sacramental is, their history in the Church, the difference between a sacrament and a sacramental, and why sacramentals are still important channels of grace for you today. Using personal stories, Cragon shows you how sacramentals can increase your faith and provide tangible help and special blessings in times of difficulty.
• Discusses what sacramentals are and offers a short history and instruction on how to use them
• Tells stories about the power of sacramentals
• Shows how sacramentals are used today
• Shows you how to use sacramentals
• Helps you build your Catholic identity
• Gives you a tangible sense of God's presence in your life
About the Author
Julie Dortch Cragon owns St. Mary’s Bookstore and Church Supply in Nashville, Tennessee. She is the author of several books, including Visiting Mary: Her US Shrines and Their Graces. Julie and her husband, Allen, are the parents of six children.