The conflicts of the early Christians in Corinth are in many ways similar to our struggles today as Christians. With divisions, immorality, persecution, and other trials of the faithful, the message of St. Paul to the Corinthians is a much-needed message for our own times.
Adventures in First Corinthians will explore the key elements that the apostle Paul introduced to a new and growing Church. St. Paul taught the Corinthians about the nature of grace and the Church as the Body of Christ. In addition, he introduced the Corinthian Christians to the most powerful gift of all, the Eucharist, which along with Christian virtue leads to a life of joy.
You will learn:
• The importance of Christian unity in relation to the Church as the Body of Christ.
• St. Paul's strategy for successful evangelization.
• How to live a Christian life in the midst of a pagan culture.
• Why St. Paul sees the Church as the Body of Christ.
• Understand the importance of the Sabbath to God's people.
• The practical dimensions of love that create strong communities.
• How St. Paul's letter proves that the sacrifice of Christ is truly made present in the Eucharist.
• A new vision for seeing the body as a temple of the Holy Spirit.
The Adventures in Corinthians Study Set Questions (56 pages) follows each of the 10 lessons in the study, giving you thought-provoking questions about Paul's first letter to the Corinthians and related portions of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Comprehensive Study Set Responses (40 pages) provide answers and further commentary on the questions as well as a substantive review of each lesson. Each lesson is designed to be followed by the corresponding talk from the DVD or CD series.
Copyright © 2019 Sunrise Marian Distribution.