“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it” – George Santayana
This is particularly true in matters of faith and religion, and nowhere are the errors of the past more elusive than in heresies. So that we will not be caught unaware in a web of false teaching, Father Richard Hogan presents a non-technical history of heretical teachings from the time of the Ascension to the present.
Using the Creed as a basis, this urgently needed book:
- Clearly explains the difference between heresy and schism.
- Thoroughly covers all major and minor heresies.
- Serves as a quick reference for teachers, students, and historians.
A “must-have” for anyone serious about their Faith, Dissent from the Creed is a vital resource for the propagation of the Faith.
Do You Know?
Softcover, 250 pp
- Why Gnosticism has had a recent resurgence in New Age thinking.
- Which first century sect still exists today.
- Which heresy counted St. Augustine as a member.
- Why Arianism may be the greatest of all heresies.
- What makes Nicea revolutionary in Church history.