Everyday Evangelism for Catholics answers that all-important question for Catholics with little knowledge in evangelism: how do I get started? In Everyday Evangelism for Catholics, Cathy Duffy shares from her wealth of experience a natural and easy process that anyone can use to evangelize friends and family, including:
• Why all Catholics should be involved in evangelism—it isn’t just for Protestants.
• How to guide a conversation toward opportunities for evangelism.
• How to ask the right questions to find out where a person is on their spiritual journey.
• How to be prepared to respond to the key concerns that are likely to arise in different situations.
• What a worldview is and why it matters.
• How to recognize underlying worldview assumptions that shape a person’s beliefs.
• How to present the Catholic faith to a Protestant who is already familiar with the Bible.
• How to actively listen so you can learn what people truly think and feel.
• How to pray for others and track prayers with a journal.
• How and why to pray with others on the spot.
Since evangelism isn’t a one-size-fits-all process, Duffy helps sort out what is likely to work best in different situations. She advocates a relational approach rather than the ability to win apologetic arguments. Anyone who loves their faith, loves others, and is willing to invest prayer and time can do this