This is the exciting story of the shepherd Ishmael, a handsome boy of thirteen who knows how to be gentle and kind, but is not afraid of putting up a fight to protect his sheep.
The Emperor Augustus had commanded a census in order to count all the people in the world, so Ishmael travels to Bethlehem along with the other shepherds in his family and their flocks. Ishmael is worried about meeting the crowds of other travelers. Shepherds are not always welcome in the villages. What would happen in Bethlehem?
Ishmael is about to discover friendship and peace of heart through the birth of Christ. What if all the children of the world were to come and kneel before the baby Jesus, and receive that same deep love and peace?
A beautiful, brilliantly illustrated Christmas story about peace and reconciliation.
POINTS OF INTEREST
• Gorgeous, four-color illustrations on every page
• Tells a moving story about an appealing shepherd boy who encounters Jesus
• Lovely, colorful illustrations throughout
• Perfect gift book for Christmas
• Presents the Christmas story in a new and inspiring way
Customers who bought this item also bought