From the author of the internationally bestselling Francis: The Journey and the Dream (over 200,000 copies in print in English and translations in 7 languages), comes an invitation to the birthplace of Francis and Clare. Enter Assisi takes you on a spiritual pilgrimage through the gates of the city, where you will discover in your own life the way to follow Jesus as St. Francis did.
Picture the daring midnight journey of St. Clare through the streets to the Moiano gate and down to St. Mary of the Angels, where Francis and his brothers welcomed her into a new way of life. Spend time in the caves of the Carceri, reflecting on the gift of solitude. Meet twentieth-century residents of Assisi who have absorbed the Franciscan spirit and seek to impart it to others.
Fr. Murray Bodo draws on over three decades of leading pilgrimages in Assisi to bring the home of St. Francis to life.
About the Author
Murray Bodo, O.F.M., is a Franciscan priest and a member of the Franciscan Academy. An award-winning author of many books, including Francis: The Journey and the Dream, Francis and Jesus, and The Simple Way: Meditations on the Words of Saint Francis, he writes and lectures on Franciscan spirituality. As an internationally known poet, Fr. Bodo has participated in poetry readings in Europe and the United States. He lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, and travels yearly to Rome and Assisi, Italy.
• Reflections on the Franciscan life are centered on the place where Francis and Clare lived
• A popular pilgrimage destination is brought to life in the words of someone who has lived and worked there
• St. Francis is one of the saints who is inextricably linked to a particular place; knowing that place helps us to understand the saint
• You will experience the sights, sounds and smells of Assisi through Fr. Murray's sensitive prose
• You will be drawn into a reflection on your own spiritual journey as you explore Assisi's unique character
• Learn more about Sts. Francis and Clare and the Franciscan spirit