Pre-Order Now. Available February 2015
We’ve all had times when bouncing back from the ordinary stress of daily life or an unexpected tragedy seems to be an insurmountable challenge. We need a way to recover resilience. If you’re facing difficult times, no matter your faith tradition, Dr. Robert Wicks is here to help you regain your balance by discovering resources you may have taken for granted. Through 30 daily reflections, you can gradually find your way back to a place of serenity and renewed energy. Wicks draws on the wisdom and insight of great teachers and healers throughout the ages to show how a renewed spiritual life can bring you to a place of psychologial strength.
About the Author
Robert J. Wicks received his doctorate in psychology from Hahnemann Medical College and Hospital and is on the faculty of Loyola University, Maryland. He has published more than 50 books, and has lectured on the importance of resilience and possessing a healthy perspective in Hanoi, Beijing, Budapest, Belfast, and Johannesburg as well as at the Mayo Clinic, Harvard’s Children’s Hospital, Harvard Divinity School, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, the U.S. Air Force Academy, and on Capitol Hill to members of Congress and their chiefs of staff. He has received the Humanitarian of the Year Award from the American Counseling Association's Division on Spirituality, Ethics, and Values.
• Key insights have been broken up into brief daily reflections
• Day-by-day format allows the material to be absorbed more thoroughly
• Reflection questions encourage you to apply the insights to your own situation
• A commitment of time each day will yield promising results
• Small portions of wisdom and insight refresh us when stress affects our ability to concentrate
• Spiritual resilience will restore your inner peace and enhance your relationships