In these fascinating pages, author Luanne Zurlo shows that, contrary to popular opinion, single life is often a holy, joyful vocation lived out, sometimes in a hidden way, by souls who have had an authentic encounter with Christ.
Here she sheds light on this little-understood vocation discerned and embraced by a growing number of single persons who neither marry nor enter religious life.
These souls are joyfully single for a greater purpose, nourishing both the world and the Church with the unique spiritual strengths and graces that God gives to souls who deliberately remain single for Him — in the world but not of it.
Read these pages to learn:
- Why dedicated single life is uniquely suited to our times
- How it builds on our baptismal vocations
- The special role that dedicated singles have in the Church
- How the dedicated-single vocation complements marriage and religious life
- How celibacy for the sake of the Kingdom yields a fruitful spousal relationship with Christ
- How dedicated singles can follow the evangelical counsels of obedience and poverty without the structured life of a religious community
- The vows that singles can take to dedicate themselves to such service of God within the world
- In the face of mounting difficulties within our world and our Church, God is now calling for an army of dedicated singles — laymen for the Kingdom of God — nourished from within and empowered by an authentic, personal encounter with Him alone.