Through the ages up to and including ours, Catholics have witnessed or heard about miraculous events that offer supernatural evidence of God’s existence and involvement in our lives. Here is a selection of astonishing true stories that will leave you convinced of the reality of God like never before. This remarkable collation includes the accounts of:
- Angry 15-year-old Cynthia, who scorns her mother’s belief that God will always provide—until she sees an incredible result. (“Thanksgiving Angel”)
- Dawn, who although not Catholic is asked by her dying son if she too can see “Mary” at his bedside. (“Pretty Lady”)
- Courtney, in tears and praying in the back seat of her mother’s car after it had stalled, watches the impossible as the gas gauge needle suddenly begins moving above E. (“Fueled by Faith”)
- Terrie, a cash-strapped newlywed who skips a weekly milk purchase only to marvel at how long their one gallon lasts. (“The Milk Jug”)
- Martha, who after 50 years still feels the flood of God’s love for her nine-year-old self, who had asked Him for healing and then looked in the mirror. (“Warts and All”)
- Romona, who felt a tapping on her shoulder—twice!—before turning and rescuing her brother. (“My Brother’s Keeper”)
- James, a six-year-old whose confidence never wavers, even after losing his trusted knife when fishing. (“The Fish, the Knife, and Saint Jude”)
- Gene, who works three jobs to care for his family and prays for $311—exactly. (“Ask and You Shall Receive”)
The Everyday Catholicism series from Chicken Soup for the Soul are books not only about “living the Faith,” but also about a Faith that is living. These powerful, uplifting stories show the love of God and His actual presence and engagement in our lives—if only we have the eyes to see! A great gift for Confirmation, RCIA, birthdays, weddings, and holidays.
Paperback, 272 pages.