Saint John Henry Newman was one of the most beloved and distinguished preachers of his time. Originally an Anglican priest, Newman converted to Catholicism and became a Catholic priest and cardinal. Known for his beautiful prose and joyous preaching, Newman has long been a source of inspiration for those in the Church. In this new and compact compilation of his sermons, you’re invited to journey with John Henry Newman through Advent into Christmas and Epiphany, meditating on the coming of Christ and the Christian life. Newman’s masterful knowledge of the lives of the saints, Catholic doctrine, and, above all, Sacred Scripture, will help you immerse yourself in these liturgical seasons of waiting, wondering, and joy.
These beautiful meditations guide you through reflections on:
- Preparing for the Lord’s coming at Christmas and the end of time
- Our dependence upon the Lord’s goodness
- What happens when we do not seek truth
- Mary’s role in salvation history
- God’s call for each and every one of us to holiness
- Glorifying God in the world
- True joy
- Martyrdom, affliction, and consolation
• Pages: 160
• Format: Paperback
• Size: 5.25" x 8"