Against All Heresies is an extremely valuable Catholic resource that summarizes the body of heretical thought leading up to the 1600’s and refutes it in alphabetical order with a categorical index. It was used by St. Robert Bellarmine in his writings and was printed over twenty times between 1534 and 1568. This is a timeless defense of the Catholic faith.
Heresies surrounding these topics are explained and refuted:
- Absolution, Adultery, Angels, Apostles,
- Baptism, Beatitudes, Blessings Burials,
- Christ, Church, Circumcision, Cross
- Devil, Earth, Eucharist, Excommunication, Exorcism,
- Faith, Fasting, Fate, Fear of God, Future Contingent
- God, Gospel, Grace, Hell, Hope, Idolatry, Indulgences,
- Judas, Judgment, Just Men, Killing, Kingdom of God
- Language, Law, Liberty, Lies, Marriage, Martyrdom, Melchisedech
- Mendicancy, Merit, Miracles, Monastic Life, Oaths
- Obedience, Penance, Pope, Poverty Power, Prayer, Preaching
- Predestination, Priesthood, Purgatory, Relics, Resurrection, Sacraments
- Sacred Scripture, Saints, Shame, Silence, Simony, Sin,
- Temptation, Tithes, Tyrants, Usury, Virginity, Virgin Mary, Vows, War
- and more.
As the heresies of the modern day multiply and grow it is necessary to own a manual that summarizes, explains and refutes as many historical heresies as possible so that we might recognize and avoid them and their heretical descendants in the future.
6.5 x 9.25 Hardbound