Prima Latina was written to transition directly into Latina Christiana, allowing students to complete an entire Latin sequence without missing important concepts or vocabulary. Prima Latina is accompanied by a pronunciation audio guide which includes pronunciation direction for each lesson and four beautiful hymns from Lingua Angelica. Because Latina Christiana Flashcards include every word in Prima Latina, they are an ideal study aid and a great investment for students who intend to continue on with Latina Christiana.
The Prima Latina Basic Set includes the Student Book, Teacher Manual, and Pronunciation Audio (Streaming + CD).
Following the success of Latina Christiana, parents asked for something they could use with their young elementary children. We paired our years of experience with Latina Christiana‘s easy-to-use, student-friendly format and created an introductory course for young Latin scholars. Prima Latina includes:
- 25 lessons, each including grammar lessons appropriate for primary grades
- 5 vocabulary words with corresponding English derivatives per lesson
- A practical Latin phrase per lesson
- One line of a prayer per lesson that is learned in totality over 5 lessons
- Easy-to-read, 2-color format
- The exercises in each lesson provide constant review of materials learned throughout the course. Every 5 lessons, students review the material and take a test (complete with key) to ensure mastery. Prima Latina is the perfect choice for:
young children who are still becoming familiar with English grammar and wish to learn Latin at a slower pace
those who would like to start Latin early and lay the foundation for a rigorous language arts program