Confession, Penance, and Reconciliation are three words that come to mind when we think of confession, penance, The ancient Sacrament of Penance is known by numerous titles, but it serves the same purpose: to "pardon sins." Many Catholics and other Christians are unsure about the necessity of confession, and many are fearful of confessing their sins to a priest.
Fr. Mitch Pacwa and Sean Brown, in this much-needed book, Go in Peace, answer the most prevalent questions and objections to this essential sacrament, putting all the confusion and worry to rest.
We have an innate need to be at peace as people. Sin shatters this tranquilly, leaving the soul frail and destitute. The writers of Go In Peace show how confession can relieve a person from the burden of sin and bring him or her to peace with God and himself.
You will Learn:
- The biblical basis of confession
- Why Christ gave the Church the power to forgive sins
- Why this sacrament is required by the Church
- What elements are necessary for a good confession
- Why some sins require confession for forgiveness
- The psychological benefits of confession
- The spiritual benefits of confession.
- ...and much more!