Author: Fr. Thomas J. McGovern
Here is your key to entering fully into the greatest mystery of the Roman Catholic Church: the transformation of bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ. Whether you struggle to see Christ in the Eucharist or simply desire more out of a Holy Hour, this book will show you how to let the Holy Spirit transform your life through the inexhaustible richness of the Blessed Sacrament.
Huge in scope and yet simple and readable, this book covers virtually everything there is to know about the Most Holy Eucharist — and it does so while weaving together the harmonious teachings of the Word of God and the Doctors of the Catholic Church, and even the latest insights from Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI.
The Most Holy Eucharist will clear up the dark clouds of unacceptable doctrine and practice while arming you against the Evil One, who sows seeds of doubt and tries to prevent you from being in union with Christ.
Let this book give you the clarity and strength needed for this spiritual struggle, and you will experience the radiant and unflinching love of our Lord through his Blessed Sacrament.
The wise Opus Dei priest Thomas McGovern explains for you:
• How the saints of the earliest Church instructed their catechumens to approach the Eucharist.
• Bread and wine: why they were chosen to embody the memorial of our Redemption.
• The role Christ calls you to play in the mission of his priesthood.
• Simple ways you can unite your sufferings with Christ at every Mass.
• How the Mass is a participation in the one and only sacrifice of Christ on Calvary.
• The three ways in which Christ presents himself in the Eucharist.
• How Jesus could offer his Body and Blood at the Last Supper when he had not yet died.
• The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: why the graces flowing from it are even more abundant than those offered through Holy Communion.