Many Catholic women struggle to believe that they were created in the image of God. In a flawed world where lies about women's physical attractiveness abound, they struggle to view themselves as lovely and hand-crafted by God.
Seeing Yourself as God Sees You: Understanding Holy Body Image Through Catholic Scripture assists Catholic women in encountering the truth about holy body image and rediscovering reverence for God's gift of their bodies.
Shannon Whitmore demonstrates to Catholic women how God perceives their bodies through her personal experience, St. John Paul II's Theology of the Body, Scripture, and more. As a result, Catholic women will discover their identity as God's masterpiece and how to develop a holy body image as Catholics.
- How to find healing when body image is a struggle
- Practical exercises that help you to see your body as God’s masterpiece
- What Scripture and St. John Paul II’s Theology of the Body have to say about the goodness and beauty of your body
- How knowledge of what your body was made for can improve the way you see yourself
- Ways to grow in love and appreciation for the body God gave you
“The modern world tends to misunderstand the body in two ways: reducing it to a mere instrument devoid of meaning on the one hand, or alternatively, as that reality which encompasses a person’s entire identity. Through an engaging witness, Shannon Whitmore shares her own struggle with body image and exposes the errors of these attitudes through the refreshing light of Scripture and Catholic wisdom. Presenting the body as a tremendous gift designed to express love and enable communion, Whitmore urges women to recognize and revere its life-giving potential and to resist the lies of the devil that tell her she is unworthy of love.”
Author of The Obedience Paradox: Finding True Freedom in Marriage
CAD $15.96 SALE
Customers who bought this item also bought