It's all too simple to recite the Psalms without really praying them. Our brains are readily sidetracked by the world's myriad worries. But what if you realised that these precious prayers are directly related to your issues? This is the book that will help you study the Scriptures with devotion, pray with your heart, and find comfort in God's Word speaking into your life.
Dr. James Papandrea offers a new English translation of Psalms carefully chosen as most conducive to worshipful prayer, so you may make them your own and recite them with the same delight and fruitfulness as the early Christians and monastics. This book will help you pray in the spirit, move deeper into contemplation, and communicate with God in all aspects of your life. Your faith life will be revitalised as you enter into Divine worship via these prayers, and you will be refreshed by the Lord's loving compassion and mercy.
These informative pages will teach you:
- The four steps of Lectio Divina (Sacred Reading) that should be used while praying the Psalms
- How to communicate with God via the old Psalms prayers
- Methods for immersing yourself in the Psalms and hearing God speak to you
- Ways God fortifies you and assists you in resisting temptation
- How to Pray the Psalms for Intercession and Giving Thanks to God
- Praying with the Psalms to calm your thoughts and relax in God's love
Praying the Psalms has the potential to change your prayer life and improve your capacity to worship and rest in the Lord. A useful "mood index" is provided to assist you quickly discover the psalms that best connect to your current state of mind.