Pre-Order Now – Available May 2015
Love of God and love of others are the two great commandments: Jean Vanier shows that these are the same thing. We express our love for God through compassionate care for one another and we encounter the love of God most tangibly through those closest to us. In his chapter-by-chapter exploration of the Gospel of John, Vanier explains how Jesus taught this lesson at every step of his ministry. He includes stories from his work with L’Arche that express in earthly terms the great privilege we have of developing our relationships with one another and with God.
About the Author
Jean Vanier is a Canadian Catholic philosopher turned theologian and humanitarian, and the founder of L’Arche, an international federation dedicated to the creation and growth of homes, programs and support networks with people who have intellectual or learning disabilities. He lives in Trosly-Breuil, France, and travels widely, visiting other L’Arche communities, encouraging projects for new communities, and giving lectures and retreats.
• A chapter-by-chapter retelling of the Gospel of John
• Explains the meaning of the Gospel in terms of the relationships it reveals
• Vanier uses stories from L’Arche to explain central ideas
• Helps you understand the importance of relationships
• Explains the Gospel in a way meaningful for your everyday life
• Shows you how to develop a closer relationship with God by strengthening your relationship with others