The Catholic Church is currently dealing with a number of complicated issues that frequently leave the faithful perplexed regarding the proper interpretation of Catholic doctrine.
Experienced Vatican journalist Diane Montagna conducts a wide-ranging and trenchant interview with Fr. Gerald E. Murray in Calming the Storm: Navigating the Crises Facing the Catholic Church and Society, which examines the root causes of and potential solutions to the many challenges the Church faces today.
Fr. Murray’s insights provide sure guidance in understanding the Church’s teaching on
- the indissolubility of marriage,
- homosexuality and gender ideology,
- the worthy reception of Holy Communion,
- the value of the Traditional Latin Mass,
- the horror of the sexual abuse of minors by Catholic clergy,
- the responsibility of bishops to uphold—not contradict—the Catholic Faith,
- and the duty of all Catholics to remain faithful to the teachings handed down from the apostles.
While Christianity is under attack in the modern world, Fr. Murray's research shows that our faith teaches us to trust in God's never-failing providence. True soul peace comes from renewing our thoughts and hearts in the truths that Christ and His Church teach us. When we, like the Apostles, turn to Christ in confidence and faith, he alone calms the storm of doctrinal misunderstanding and worldliness in the Church.