Every week, new parents come into the parish offices and request that their child be baptized. Some of these parents are profoundly committed to their faith, but many are not. Perhaps they're having their child baptized to please their family, to commemorate their child's birth and throw a lovely celebration, or just because it's part of their culture.
The new Belonging Parents Guide gives these parents a comprehensive, holistic, and beautiful picture of what a Catholic life would entail for their child and family. It is more than just a synopsis of what the rite will include. It introduces these parents and their child to Catholic life. The Parents Guide depicts how baptism into the Catholic Church will affect their child's heart, soul, and life.Those in charge of Baptism preparation at your parish can use the Belonging Parents Guide as a full and detailed resource for their sessions. The guide piques their curiosity by emphasizing the significance of the sacrament. It also alleviates any nervousness they may have about the process by explicitly outlining what is required of them during their child's Baptism (when to stand and sit, what to say, and so forth). Included conversation questions elicit their responses during your prep session, allowing you to learn about the role the Faith plays in their life and connect with them where they are. The Belonging Parents Guide is structured in four parts:
The Belonging Parent’s Guide features:
- Part 1: The Meaning of Baptism - Here, parents will discover a clear and compelling answer to the most fundamental question they are asking, “Why am I having my child Baptized?”
- Part 2: The Rite of Baptism - In this section, parents are given the details of the Baptism rite (the symbols, the materials used, the parts of the rite) so they can approach the sacrament confidently.
- Part 3: The Role of Parents and Godparents - What are you promising as the parent of the child being baptized? What obligations are you taking on when you agree to be a child’s godparent? All these questions and more are addressed in this section.
- Part 4: Raising a Young Catholic - Where do you go from here? Now that your child has been baptized in the Catholic Church, and you have promised to raise them in the Faith, how do you go about that? This section provides practical advice and guidance on how to create a Catholic culture in your home.
- Gorgeous full-color layout, which includes inspiring quotes from the saints, from Scripture, and from the Catechism.
- 131 pages of engaging content that will provide parents with value for years to come.
- Thought provoking questions and space to record their thoughts.
Don’t miss the chance to provide support to the new parent’s coming to your parish for Baptism. Don’t miss the chance to show them you care about them and their child. Offer them the Belonging Parent’s Guide.