Give your second graders a fun way to practice map-reading skills with the exciting activity book made just for them! Map Skills for Today includes:
- 48 pages of engaging, developmentally appropriate geography lessons
- Simple explanations of geography concepts to introduce students to the world
- Fun activities that give students essential map reading practice to build key skills
- Colorful maps including road, landform and political maps
- Critical-thinking questions that ask students to draw conclusions from each map
Topics covered include:
- What is a Globe?
- Where is Your State?
- Map Symbols and Map Key
- The Compass Rose
- Visiting a New Town
- How Near? How Far?
Plenty of practice and reinforcement. Includes a glossary.
Full color. Answer key in back of book. 1990 Copyright. 8.5 x 11 inches. Soft cover. 48 pages.