The Adaptive First Eucharist Kit will enable many people with autism and other special needs to participate fully in their faith.
“All baptized persons
with disabilities have a right to adequate catechesis and deserve the means to
develop a relationship with God.”
—National Directory for Catechesis, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
The Adaptive First Eucharist Kit for individuals with autism or other special needs includes eight pieces:
- My Picture Missal Flip Book and Mass Picture Cards are for use at Mass. They help the individual maintain focus and actively participate in the Mass.
- Bless Yourself Matching Puzzle helps the individual learn how to make the Sign of the Cross. This activity can be paired with parent or catechist modeling so it becomes a gross motor imitation task.
- Who Is Jesus? Instructional Story introduces the individual to Jesus as the Son of God and relates God’s family to the individual’s family.
- Communion Is Not the Same as Food Matching Puzzle helps the individual distinguish between the Eucharist and ordinary food.
- How to Receive Communion Matching Puzzle shows all the steps of receiving Communion reverently, providing a guide for the individual to practice. This learning tool may be taught with sequencing or modeling.
- I Receive Communion Picture Book reinforces the reverence and proper steps of receiving Communion.
- Helper Guide includes tips on how to use the kit.
- A backpack so the individual can transport the items from home, faith formation sessions, and Mass.
CAD $32.95 PRE-ORDER
CAD $48.95 PRE-ORDER