The Joshua Ignatius Catholic Bible Study is the 19th volume in the popular Bible study series leads readers through an insightful study of the Book of Joshua using the biblical text itself and the Church's own guidelines for understanding the Bible.
Ample notes accompany each page, providing fresh insights by renowned Bible teachers Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch, as well as time-tested interpretations from the Fathers of the Church. They provide rich historical, cultural, geographical or theological information pertinent to the Old Testament book - information that bridges the distance between the biblical world and our own.
It also includes Topical Essays, Word Studies and Charts. The Topical Essays explore the major themes of Joshua, often relating them to the teachings of the Church. The Word Studies explain the background to important Bible terms, while the Charts summarize crucial biblical information "at a glance".
POINTS OF INTEREST
• Easy-to-use annotations, essays and outlines
• Includes profound and practical commentary
• Classical methods of biblical interpretation
are combined with the best of contemporary
• Outstanding study aids and special features
• Excellent for personal devotion, and private
and group study
• The text is the Revised Standard Version,
Second Catholic Edition