We frequently imagine devils only manifesting themselves in lavish and exceptional ways, or only operating via "bad" people. But the truth is even more terrifying. The majority of demonic activity occurs unnoticed, under the radar, and can even be concealed in our own prayer life and in the churches where we attend Mass. Satan's army of fallen angels prefers subtlety, illusion, and deception, and they are fighting an invisible battle for souls within and around us all right now.
With St. Teresa of Avila's masterpiece The Interior Castle as his guide, bestselling author Dan Burke takes you on an illuminating journey through the seven stages of spiritual progress, explaining what God is doing within your soul at each stage, as well as the finely tailored demonic strategies used to throw you off track.
You'll discover how the devil participates in your prayer life just as much as you do, and how the saints were able to battle Satan when he modified his schemes to coincide with where they were on their spiritual journeys.
You'll know exactly what to expect as you go from your current state to your final spiritual destination if you learn about the numerous problems St. Teresa faced and the treatments she used to promote her soul's spiritual advancement.
You’ll also learn:
- The marks of authentic contemplative encounter with God
- Why God uses dryness in prayer to advance the progress of our souls
- How to know if you’re still in the “Purgative Way”
- How desolation can work for the good of the soul
- Why it’s dangerous to assume that your decisions are correct if you feel at peace
- How to fight distraction in prayer
- The 11 ways to test the authenticity of charismatic gifts