When we are besieged with stress, anxiety, fatigue, illness and depression, how can we fight Satan, our soul's enemy towards making spiritual progress?
Author Dan Burke presents in this powerful and concise book the venerable, time-tested wisdom of Catholic mystics to help you understand the influence of the Devil on your mind and heart, and the tactics you need to confront him.
With St. Ignatius as his guide, Burke gives the reader an indispensable, authoritative manual for engaging in daily battle with the Adversary—combat that is both inevitable and winnable.
Burke will help you recognize the ebbs and flows of consolation and desolation, and distinguish between the voices of God and of Satan. Best of all, you’ll come to see the spiritual life not as a science to be learned, but as an intuitive art to be practiced as you move with increasing success from habitual sin to sanctity.
The war for our souls is unavoidable. The saints became victorious by learning how to be spiritual warriors and by recognizing that we become stronger through battle and grow weaker from avoidance. With this book as your guide, you’ll grow in strength and contentment as you learn:
- How to take captive every negative thought and make it obedient to Christ
- St. Ignatius’s revelations exposing how the Devil seeks to influence us
- The Paradigm of Ascent and the Five Steps to Sanctity
- The three ways you can discern “Good Spirits” from “Bad Spirits”
- The three principal causes of desolation—and what you must do when it afflicts your soul
- Proven methods for moving away from sin and toward self-giving love of God and neighbor.
Paperback. 120 pages.
"I recommend this book for anyone ready to grow in holiness."
- Cardinal Gerhard Ludwig Müller
Former Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
"I expect this work to inspire a movement of fierce soldiers for Christ!"
- Kathleen Beckman
Deliverance and Exorcism Ministry Coordinator, Diocese of Orange
"I hope and pray that many faithful will be helped by this book on their spiritual journey."
- Cardinal Anders Arborelius, O.C.D.
Bishop of Stockholm
"Dan Burke has become a wonderful conveyer of the deep wisdom of the saints in language that is easy to understand."
- Dr. Ralph Martin
Author, Fulfillment of All Desire
"For those who want to live in victory over the enemy, I heartily recommend this book!"
- Fr. Mathias Thelen
President, Encounter Ministries