There are many books on meditation for Lent, but only one is brimming with St. Thomas Aquinas' knowledge. With the Church's greatest philosopher-theologian, experience Lent. This unsurpassed spiritual teacher will direct you in meeting Our Lord and having a successful Lent like he frequently had.
You will cherish this superb collection of sixty-three sermons by Thomas Aquinas, based on Scripture and chosen especially for the Holy Season. You'll discover how to improve your prayer habit, overcome temptation, fend off the negative effects of sin, and arm yourself for spiritual conflict from Ash Wednesday through Holy Saturday.
Aquinas teaches you how to put aside the things of this world and refocus on the things above by using the examples of Our Lord and Our Lady in his famously clear, logical style.
You will understand the value of fasting in maintaining chastity as well as how to carry out deeds that will make you more humbling and pure. Aquinas will assist you in eliminating vices and cultivating virtues so that you are ready for the pleasures of Heaven as you reflect on the example of Our Lord on the Cross.
Let the moving remarks from the Angelic Doctor help you overcome boredom and encourage a stronger commitment by:
- Ways in which the Blood of Jesus is precious and salvific
- The confidence we should place in Our Divine Friend, even in sickness, suffering, and pain
- How Our Lady suffered and how she personifies charity, patience, humility, obedience, and detachment
- Why the pain suffered by Our Lord was the greatest pain possible in this life
- Jesus’ fourfold humiliation on the Cross - and the fourfold exaltation it merited Him
- How Christ manifested all virtues on the Cross, the "pulpit from which He taught all mankind"
There are also lesser-known or forgotten traditional feast days like the Holy Lance and the Nails of Our Lord and the Feast of the Holy Winding Sheet.
Rich reflections on Christ's Passion are included in this book, along with daily reflections for Holy Week. The best part is that you will learn about the greatest love story of all time: the Father who offered His one and only Son, and the Son who endured all pain and gave His life in order to atone for our sins.
Paperback. 224 pages.