All the saints mastered mental prayer, which consists of silently directing reverent thoughts towards God. It is a sacred talent that infuses us with grace and draws us closer to our Lord. This classic will show you how to develop a profound and meaningful devotional life, which is required to attain the pleasures of heaven.
You will gain valuable insights into mental prayer methods and the eight essential aspects of this important practise. You will learn how to prepare for and cultivate the practise of mental prayer, and how to enter the Lord's contemplation. Fr. Edward Leen discloses the following as he describes the progression from the beginning to the advanced stages of grace:
- Seven instruments required to aspire for sanctity
- The one act you must do to become a deity
- The fundamental resolution you must make to develop your devotional life
- There are three methods to prepare for a fruitful Holy Communion.
- How to cultivate intimacy with God and rid your psyche of "infection"
- Mental prayer will help you "put on the mind of Christ" and strengthen your faith in the following ways.
You will learn how to deal with distractions during prayer and attain tranquilly and holiness in the light of divine love. You will be made aware of prevalent obstacles along your path, as well as a spiritual exercise that will assist you in avoiding them. You will learn the role of mortification in the prayer life and discover that God is present even in times of darkness or obscurity when you pray.
272 pages. Paperback.