As Catholics, we believe that the Bible is essential to our faith. Most of us, however, are intimidated by such a big and intricate collection of texts that span thousands of years. We need a compass to point us in the proper direction so that our time studying the Scriptures is spent encountering the live God.
The Bible Compass by Dr. Edward Sri., gives Catholics the tools they need to study God's Word with confidence and purpose, and it teaches them how to do so within the context of the Catholic Church's living Tradition.
It addresses all the common questions about the Bible including:
- Where did the Bible come from?
- Why is the Bible so important?
- Is the Bible really inspired by God?
- Why do Catholic Bibles have more books than Protestant Bibles?
- Do I have to take the Bible literally?
- How do I know if I am interpreting the Bible correctly?
As Catholics we are called to have an intimate knowledge of Jesus Christ and the Church as revealed in the Scriptures. Reading the Bible with the proper tools and in the appropriate context will help you grow in your love for the Faith and in your relationship with Jesus Christ himself, who is the Word made Flesh (John 1:14).