PLEASE NOTE: This program no longer contains DVDs, but has a Pronunciation CD.
Based on twenty years of teaching experience, the Forms Series
will be your guide as you and your students continue to successfully
climb the mountain of Latin Grammar all the way to the top! The
uniqueness of the Forms Series lies in two features:
1. It is committed to the trivium model of teaching grammar
systematically in order to facilitate retention and understanding,
rather than topically, to facilitate translation.
2. Extensive workbook exercises ensure skills mastery and rapid recognition of inflected forms.
The Forms Latin Series’ grammar-first approach focuses on
grammar forms and vocabulary because these are the skills suitable for
the grammar stage student. The Forms Series is for students of
all ages because all beginners—regardless of age—are in the grammar
stage of learning. Syntax (how to use the grammar) and translation are
logic and rhetoric stage skills, respectively, and quickly overwhelm the
student unless they are introduced at a slow, gentle pace and taught
for mastery. First Form is the ideal text for all beginners, grades 5 and up, or is a great follow-up to Latina Christiana at
any age. Now every school and homeschool can have a truly successful
Latin program that creates Latin scholars rather than Latin drop-outs.
Third Form mastery:
- Perfect system passive of 1st – 4th conjugations and -io verbs
- Active and passive subjunctive of 1st – 4th conjugations and -io verbs
- Imperative mood, vocative case
- 4th declension neuter nouns
- 3rd declension adjectives of one and three terminations
- Nine irregular adjectives
- Regular and irregular comparison of adjectives and adverbs
- Pronouns: 3rd person, demonstrative, intensive, reflexive
- Syntax: apposition
- Adjectives used as nouns
- Subjunctive in purpose clauses, exhortations, deliberative questions
- Objective and partitive genitive