A millennial Catholic priest writes an honest book to his generation—and all Catholics—about the Catholic Church.With all the scandal and corruption that has rotted through the church, most young people just don’t see much good in the Catholic Church. In fact, only 2 in 10 Americans under 35 believe attending a church is important or worthwhile.
More than half of young adults raised in the Church have left—with many having a strong anti-Church stance, believing the Church does more harm than good.
Fr. Josh Johnson was one of these people.
In Broken and Blessed he tackles the harsh realities facing the Church in the 21st century.
With charity and courage he speaks to his own generation of Catholic Millennials, who often feel their needs and concerns are not being addressed by the Church; or who simply do not believe the Catholic Faith has any relevance to their lives.
Using his own experiences, both as a former struggling young Catholic and as a priest, Fr. Josh offers an inspiring witness of how he came to know God, rather than just knowing about him—and presents practical ways for us to truly know God as well.
Broken and Blessed:
- Addresses head-on Millennials’ most pressing issues with the Catholic Faith
- Presents powerful and inspiring stories from Fr. Josh’s own faith journey
- Shows how one can truly encounter Jesus in a personal way
- Offers practical insights on how to overcome habitual sins
- Discusses the nature of prayer, as well as the challenges to prayer and how to overcome them
If millennials and other Catholics are to be convinced not to leave the Church, the "broken" part of the Church must be acknowledged.
But they also need to know about why the Church is "blessed".
Product code broken-and-blessed